Author Topic: Qmod start niet op een van mijn pc's  (Read 4858 times)

Offline RadioBellissima

• View Profile
Qmod start niet op een van mijn pc's
« on: December 08, 2017, 03:10:59 pm »
Hoi, sorry voor de fouten maar ik gebruik de Google Translator om je te schrijven.
Het is al van verschillende versies dat ik deze processor wilde proberen, maar ik heb het nooit op een van mijn pc's kunnen uitvoeren. Ik hoopte zo veel in deze laatste relase, maar zelfs dit als de vorige start niet. Het processorvenster wordt even geopend en wordt onmiddellijk gesloten zonder fouten of de mogelijkheid om iets te doen. Ik kan je vertellen dat alle pc's windows7 hebben waarvan 2 64bit en 1 32bit maar in alle 3 is het resultaat hetzelfde als het niet starten van het programma. Kan ik iets doen of verifiëren?
Alvast bedankt voor de hulp.

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Qmod start niet op een van mijn pc's
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:33:35 pm »
Hi RadioBellissima,

Well Google Translate did a good job.

Sorry to hear you can't get it to work.
Maybe you can tell me what OS version you are using. The 32 bit or the 64 bit.
I'll put a link on the website for a console version. It'll show the start up sequence. When you can post it here it'll give me more information about the error.

Cor
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:42:34 am by corb »

Offline RadioBellissima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »
Ok thanks, I look forward to the console version to send a debug. I have tried both 32bit and 64bit versions on different PCs but the result does not change. For an instant, I display the window that is immediately closed.

Excuse me but I had not seen that the console version was already available. Unfortunately, the same thing happens I can not see any errors. I made you a desktop video that you can download at this address if it can help you understand.

http://www.radiobellissima.it/qmod.zip
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:28:18 pm by RadioBellissima »

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 07:13:47 pm »
Looks to me that qmod isn't really starting.

Could you check the win7 event logs. Maybe there's some info.

I'm not a windows pro so I looked it up where to find it.

From the internet:
"""
How to access and read Windows Event Viewer?
Right click on “My computer” icon on a desktop, select “Manage”. The Computer management windows will open where you will notice the event viewer folder icon.
"""
Alse could you rename qmos_console to Qmod. I'm sure it's important but the included manifest has qmod as a name.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:39:18 pm by corb »

Offline RadioBellissima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 01:39:28 pm »
I viewed the event log there is no trace of any error, and even renaming the file does not change the result. I performed a further test hoping for an error I deleted the dll used by the program but this does not cause any error message. On one of the PCs I ran all the updates of windows7 but not even that changed the situation. :'(

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 02:38:57 pm »
I'm running out of possibilities here.
I've one option left right now and that's an incorrect manifest file that is compiled into the exe. It's runs fine on my 2 test PCs that have win10 and a beta tester who also uses win10, has never complained but I have no win7 PC available. Did you tried it on a win10 machine?

Anyway I compiled another 64bit exe with a different manifest file and give you the link for it.
https://www.ceboservice.nl/files/qmod_console_x64_modified_manifest.zip
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:14:00 pm by corb »

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:53:16 am »
I forgot.
In the video I saw you clicked on qmod.exe to start it and the cmd window opened and closed again, to fast to see what's happening.
Please do the following:
open the cmd window by pressing winkey + r
type cmd and enter. Cmd opens a window and you can enter dos commands.
Goto the directory where qmod is unzipped by using dos commands like: cd downloads\qmod_console_x64_modified_manifest
type dir and enter to see what's in the directory, when you see qmod.exe in the listing type qmod and enter.
now the cmd window stays open and hopefully you see something about the possible error.

Offline RadioBellissima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 11:08:55 pm »
the same does not start.
This is what happens.

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 11:08:15 am »
Ok thanks.

I'll look into it but it's something other than a simple bug in qmod.
It could be related to video backend of the GUI. I've no knowledge of that piece of software.

What kind of video card do you use or are all computers have different setups?
Please give as much information about your PC setup as possible because when I ask around people gonna asked.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:11:56 am by corb »

Offline RadioBellissima

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 03:10:01 pm »
I am attaching the photos of the 2 PCs in which it does not start, in both the video card is intel. The sound cards are realtek + vcable + pipeline.
The first pc is an Acer Aspire 5520 original find all the features on the official website.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:15:04 pm by RadioBellissima »

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 05:58:41 pm »
Thanks,
I managed to dig up a win7sp1 installation drive and made a dual boot install on my test pc.
The test PC is a Intel NUC i5 with a i5-5250 processor and the built-in intel GPU
8 GB RAM and a SSD 128GB, audio is a Steinberg U-22 usb audio card.
I'm using the win7 32bit version
I took the latest Qmod and it runs perfectly.
It seems it's a hardware/driver related problem that I can't reproduce.

I did a quick check on the CPUs you're using and I see that they're mobile processors from '07/'08.
I did a test once and tried to run Qmod on a PC with intel D500 mobile processor and 2GB RAM. The D500 is from 2010.
It started but frooze during the start up. So from my experience I don't think it's gonna work at all even when the crash problem is solved.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:19:57 pm by corb »

Offline RadioBellissima

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 07:14:56 pm »
OK thanks
I was curious to test it, yes, the PCs that act as processor servers and directing my radios are a bit dated, even if very stable. Generally all the audio processors I know have always worked and still work. As soon as I can, I will test it on a newer machine.

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 09:59:52 am »
I think practically every audio processor is written in C/C++. Qmod is written in Go. Go asks a bit more CPU power than C/C++.
I don't like C/C++ and choose Go when I started this project a few years back, and with CPUs getting more power I don't think it's a big drawback.
A pity you can't test it, I would very much like to hear your opinion on Qmod. When you get it to work please let me know.

Have a nice day,
Cor