Author Topic: Another GUI crash. And filtering problems.  (Read 2485 times)

Offline sevenmizer61

• View Profile
Another GUI crash. And filtering problems.
« on: November 02, 2019, 05:31:09 pm »
The GUI Crashed easily when i was adjusting simple parameters. And i've noticed there's lot of noise over the 19khz pilot on Qmod. I don't know if it does have some type of Clipper or anything. But it would be very good to work on a composite clipper. You need to clip the 20hz-16khz mono signal and then you need to clip the DSB Subcarrier as well. This means you still will get over 100% of de-mod on the reception and the pilot won't take space from the audio. The highs quality will increase as well.

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Another GUI crash. And filtering problems.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 09:27:32 pm »
Hi,
I can't tell much about the GUI crashes. I've never had any problems om my test systems. The only time GUI crashes happened when I was using a system with an atom processor. I'm testing on a intel nuc i5-5250 and i5-6250 + 8GB memory. So maybe a processor problem? You could do a test by reducing the samplerate to 48000. It won't be stereo but the CPU takes about a 3rd of processing power, if crashes are gone it's most likely the the CPU capacity.

I use a composite peak control and it controls the full baseband 40Hz-53kHz but it isn't actual clipping just reducing gain on the parts that are to loud and therefor not producing many 3e harmonics. I'm gonna do some testing of splitting up the baseband as you suggested. The fm peak contol only affects the 40Hz-15kHz mono and stereo diff. signal before DBS modulation.

Cor
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 10:00:31 am by corb »

Offline sevenmizer61

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 02:44:36 am »
Corb. It's me again. We can have some direct contact like WhatsApp or telegram? I'm a newbie processing developer and I have some things that can help a lot you with the QMod project. I've done some research on Orban Optimod composite filtering.

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 07:39:10 pm »
Hi Sevenmizer61,

That sounds good. I've installed Telegram on my linuxdesktop. I'm using a dumbfone so this is the alternative.
Send me a p.m. with your contact information or I can contact you via the email address you used to register.

Cor
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:27:19 am by corb »