Author Topic: Conflict with RAdmin  (Read 5006 times)

Offline ainars

• View Profile
Conflict with RAdmin
« on: November 04, 2017, 05:59:25 pm »
RAdmin version 3.5.1 video hook driver freezes Qmod GUI.
Program still works, but it is impossible to control it remotely.
(for some reason earlier Radmin versions doesn't work on latest Win10 edition, so I can't downgrade it).

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Conflict with RAdmin
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:16:17 pm »
Hi,

Will try this for myself and see if I can find a solution.

Cor

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 11:55:36 am »
Did a test this morning.
RAdmin and Qmod have been running for two hours now without any problems, so I can't reproduce the problem.
Both PCs are running Win10 connected via LAN. I'm using Qmod 17.9 beta 6 and Radmin 3.5.1.
What version of Qmod are you using?
I don't kwow if you're forced to use Radmin but you could check out an alternative like Teamviewer. It has a freeware version for personal use.

Cor

Offline ainars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:44:41 am »
Thanks!

So, maybe that's particular video driver conflict...
Will write to RAdmin support too.

PS. Please check if in Radmin Settings / Options / Mics. is ticked "Load Mirror Driver on Startup". Otherwise Qmod will freeze only after someone connect to Your PC.

PS2. Maybe this is somehow related. After click on [visuals] tab program stop responding. Even when Radmin is uninstalled completely.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:20:46 am by ainars »

Offline corb

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:51:49 am »
***PS. Please check if in Radmin Settings / Options / Mics. is ticked "Load Mirror Driver on Startup". Otherwise Qmod will freeze only after someone connect to Your PC.***

Ok, did that. It was unchecked but I ticked it and restarted the PC and Qmod, connected with Radmin and selected visuals. No difference at all. Everything runs smoothly.
It looks like it's local, could be the video drivers. I'm using an i5-5250 and the onboard intel videocard with default drivers.
The back-end of the GUI is OpenGL and the GLFW window driver

***PS2. Maybe this is somehow related. After click on [visuals] tab program stop responding. Even when Radmin is uninstalled completely.***

The visuals display is a bit CPU power hungry and it could freeze on a slower CPU but I never had a crash like that.
Some older versions of Qmod had somewhat more trouble to diplay the visuals but that would be versions before 17.7.

Hope this helps.

Cor